Offspring is one of those shows I always wanted to watch but never did. Somehow I will start watching it, but it must be just on at the wrong time and I need to shower, or attend to Luke, and somewhere in the midst of my good intentions we end up watching the SBS world news. That said, it has been one of those shows that you can follow just by watching the shorts for it on TV (and, yep, I say 'shorts' like my Grandma would).
Despite not watching, and half watching through the shorts, it would be impossible for you to not know that one of the main, obviously very loved, characters died in the series last week. My news feeds and radio were filled with Offspring Offspring Offspring, everywhere I turned.
And obviously it was on the radio this morning as I drove to MOPS. There was some really sad music, along with some pieces of audio from the show. Now I have friends who would absolutely lament over this show and the events of the past two weeks. But as I was driving, I had to turn it off for the fear of becoming a blubbering mess. And. I. Don't. Even. Watch. The. Show...
What I heard was something like this:
Nina (yes, I know the blonde girl is called Nina): "I can't do this! I'm scared! I'm scared I won't be able to love the baby!"
Other character in the show (who I have no idea the name of, nor can describe because it was on the radio): "I'll love the baby for you... until you can love the baby... I'll love it for you..."
(well, that was the general gist of what I heard, then I turned it off cos it was ... intense).
What made me emotional? Well, obviously it's really, really sad. And it's a sad story, and awful circumstance. This heavily pregnant lady has just lost someone who would be a rock for her in her new adventure in parenthood. Maybe it's because I could somewhat relate to the fear of not loving my baby because I loathed being pregnant (truth be known, I loved Luke the moment I set eyes on him).
I'll love for you...
This statement I think is what really got the floodgates going. When Nina was so weak and vulnerable, she had someone there, ready to stand in the gap.
I'll love for you, when you can't love.
I'll be strong for you, when you are weak.
I'll be there for you, when you feel alone.
Who can you love for today, who has lost hope? Who can you be strong for, who has nothing left to keep them going? And who can you be there for, who truly needs you.
Be the miracle.
No comments:
Post a Comment