Monday, 9 January 2012

night

So I have been very slack with this blog, and I'm really sorry. Months ago I started a 'photo a day' challenge, which I haven't been keeping up with. I'm up to day 4... How slack of me!

Day 4 is a photo of my night. Sorry but I didn't take any photos last night and it's 3pm and the sun is shining at the moment, so let me share with you what I did, at night, just before New Year.

Christmas was spent at home with my family. My home town is semi-desert and what a lot of people like to call 'the middle of bloody nowhere'. But despite the isolation, I love being in the country... Perhaps just not when it's 40 degrees and I'm fat and pregnant.

There is a different beauty in the Mallee. You can go out into the bush and watch the sunset linger for hours. You can see thousands of stars by night. I'm hoping that later in the year when it's colder I can go camping, with a bonfire!

Anyway enjoy the photos that I took with my iPhone (using instagram):




This one's my favorite...


Oh and if you are interested in visiting this place, we were at Pink Lakes, which is about a 45 minute drive west of Ouyen, Victoria. There are also good national parks as you get into South Australia as well.


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment