Wednesday, 25 January 2012

Saving the world through organisation...

So today I have been busy... Some would call this business 'nesting'. I will post more on what I've been up to later, but first I am going to share how I made our bin area neater today.

Mess!


This is what our bins looked like. We broke the purple basket and decided to use it as a recycle bin. Previously we had been using a cardboard box.

How awesome are laminators?
I went to the $2 shop today and bought a bin, which was ironically $7. The thing that has annoyed me most about our recycle bin is things don't get rinsed (ew, mould!), or things end up in there that shouldn't, like plastic bags.

So I went to our local councils website and printed off a pretty PDF file about what you can and can't put in the bin. I then laminated it so that it was that bit more waterproof and stuck it to the side. Hopefully people will read it and be educated!

Now we have two bins, so I wanted to distinguish this new one some how. I got a permanent texta and copied a 'recycle' symbol off a simple google search. I think it adds a bit of a personal touch :)


The bin fits nicely in the corner of our kitchen now, and looks much better than a broken purple washing basket. 


Note how the recycle bin is bigger than the waste bin? That's because you should make twice as much recycling as waste. (That's why the wheelie bin is bigger too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment