Tuesday, 6 March 2012

Earl Grey & Poppyseed Muffins!

So since I first met my lovely husband, he inspired me. He inspired me in so many ways, but one of these ways was to cook. He taught me a lot of cooking skills I didn't know. Believe it or not the first time I tried to cook for myself when I first moved out of home to uni I tried to make chicken kebabs (Indonesian readers = sate). It was a massive fail when they all fell off the stick and I ended up eating raw chicken for dinner.

But back to my lovely, inspiring, hubby. When we met he had taken some cooking courses in New Zealand, and was really eager to cook. My husband, being Indonesian, very rarely cooks Indonesian food.

Something in him inspired me to cook, to try different things. And to cook, I mean be healthier in my lifestyle as well. I never watched shows like Masterchef but suddenly I was. I loved the creativity that could be found in food and now I've fallen in love with it.

Years on, and now we have Pinterest, which has thousands of recipes that pop up each day. Last week I made a honey chocolate cake, which as messy as it was turned out great, but was just a little too sweet for me!

I've joined a mothers group at my church, and although technically I'm not a mother yet, it gives me a taste of what it will be like. I really like the fellowship and accountability there. Tomorrow it is our turn to bring along some food so today I made some Earl Grey and Poppy Seed Muffins. And while I haven't tried any yet, I'm impressed with the way they have turned out. They smell amazing!

To make it a bit more interesting I'm going to put some teabags on toothpicks and stick them in a few muffins, just to keep going with the Earl Grey theme. I also got some apricot jam to go with them (not a big jam person myself) and people can put it on there if they wish.

Yum I can't wait - hope they are as good as they smell!

No comments:

Post a Comment