
From thegypsymama.com:
Be brave, come & join #FiveMinuteFriday. Your words are necessary! (<—Tweet this!)1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. Please visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments.
***
EMPTY
I remember at our old church, there was a really funny ambonese preacher (at least I think he was ambonese). I can't remember what he was preaching about, but suddenly he was talking about people who meditate. He began to talk about 'empty'... Being 'empty' and doing a really funny imitation of being 'empty'.
Now when anything is 'empty' we cannot say it normally, it has to be said in the way the preacher said it that day.
I hate that feeling when I finish something awesome. That is when the empty feeling happens. Like finishing a good book, finishing a great cup of coffee. I hate it how good things come to an end, by becoming empty.
The house is empty. Well, I'm here, but hubby hasn't returned home from work. When he comes back, there will be life again.
Wait, how can I say my house is empty? I am so incredibly blessed and have so much stuff. My hubby used to live in Singapore and his whole life would have to fit into two suitcases. Now we live in a 3 bedroom house in the outer suburbs and we have two sheds and a cubby house. We could no way fit our lives into a suitcase, perhaps more like a garbage truck.
OK STOP!

I found your blog through The Gypsy Mama's blog. What a great post! I loved how you described the word empty.
ReplyDelete